Activities for Garden Gatherings: Planting Design Tips
Last week, Marie Vidmar from the beautiful state of California, emailed to ask if she could use my planting design tips for a future plant trade day she was planning. She wanted to cut them out, place them in a tip jar, then have each person select one as they came in...but the image I had in my original post wasn't working for her.
With her inspiration I reformatted that graphic into something that is now usable for a variety of garden gathering activities. Just click on the image below (or here) to download a four-page .pdf with the entire set of tip cards paired with some ideas of how to use them.
Try some of these activities at your next garden gathering:
- Assign a tip to several people prior to your gathering and ask them to come prepared to explain tip to entire group with images and/or props.
- Visit a local garden, assign a tip to each team (2-4 people), allow time for each team to find an example of tip in the garden, then meet with entire group and tour the garden while each team shares their tip.
- Assign each tip to a group and have them act it out, while the others have to guess which tip they are representing.
- Assign tips to everyone (it’s okay that several people have the same tip), then take turns drawing it on a large sheet of paper for others to guess.
- or perhaps you have other ideas? Please share in the comments below!
Thanks Marie for the wonderful idea and best wishes at your plant trade day!
If you're interested in additional articles like this one, plus would like to receive my special theme garden eBook, please sign up for my email updates here.